Day Five: Rye

Weight: -1.0


I wake up nervous knowing I’ve tried three different tests in one day. But I pass! Lost another pound. Thank god because I’m not sure I could go on without cheese, chocolate and especially coffee.

The test today is rye. I couldn’t find the exact recommended rye cracker at Whole Foods so I bought a very close substitute, Ryvita Dark Rye Wholegrain Rye Crispbread. I smother it with a hefty two tablespoons of almond butter and hope for the best. I’m especially nervous about this test because I’ve thought for a while now that I have some sort of gluten/grain allergy. Post snack I seem to be feeling fine. Fingers crossed.


Dinner: I loved the Chicken with Spicy Apricot Glaze. I made mine with siracha (which is hands down my favorite hot sauce). Also I was pleasantly surprised how good the grated Manchego cheese tasted on the veggies. The cheese was much more pronounced than what you would think- (it looks like parmesan cheese) but it’s creamy and delicious.

Generally I’m feeling pretty great! I have to carefully space out my meals because otherwise I do start to get very dizzy. I’m not sure what the dizziness is about really because I’m definitely eating enough food. Maybe it’s my body still adjusting to such a healthy diet? I’ve always had a problem with my blood sugar and lightheadedness though so I’m hoping this diet will help regulate that.