Day One


Upon wakening I shamefully step on the scale to see my post Christmas weight and promptly jot down the numbers of shame and walk away quickly. The water with lemon juice and dandelion tea are the first tasks of the day. I bought Yogi Detox tea as my “Dandelion tea”. It contains not only dandelion but many other great blended herbs for detoxing. The taste.. not the best taste in the world. People complain that it’s very bitter- I don’t mind BUT by no means would I drink this tea voluntarily.


Breakfast consists of flax granola and ½ cup of blueberries with silk coconut milk. Seems fine to me. I’ve read that the most effective way to eat flax is to chew it thoroughly so that your body can absorb it. A warning: this breakfast is NOT flavorful.. it’s actually quite boring.  The only saving grace is blueberries. I recommend adding a touch of cinnamon as well.

Lunch was really fun to make. I’ve actually never made homemade soup before so it gave me something to do instead of focusing on how hungry I am. I HATE chunky soups so I blended mine until it was smooth. It tastes pretty delicious too. I finally had a moment of feeling like I had something substantial in my stomach. The sautéed broccoli is disgusting but it’s my own fault. I clearly haven’t mastered how to make broccoli yet.. I also just hate the taste.

Dinner was equally delicious. Lyne-Genet Recitas isn’t kidding when she says the Spicy Coco Sauce is one of the best recipes in her book. It’s a yummy coconut curry sauce that can literally go with anything.

My overall feeling during the first day is complete exhaustion. It says you can start feeling the effects of cleansing pretty quickly into the first day and she wasn’t kidding. I’ve felt very weak all day and gave into several naps on the couch. She does say these symptoms are completely normal but they are NOT fun. I’m not surprised though since I’m starting this detox coming off of Christmas where I ate literally whatever I wanted.