Trader Joe's: The Plan's Best Kept Secret


In my weeks post diet I’ve found that finding plan-specific food items can be a little costly. As a 25 year old actor, my funds are super limited and can’t be dropping my entire paycheck (if I even have a paycheck) in Whole Foods every other week.  But fret no more my girls on a budget! Trader Joe's is plan friendly HEAVEN with options that will slim your waistline and your credit card debt. Below features the best plan friendly options that I refuse to buy anywhere else!

Trader Joe's Raw Almond Butter

Remember when you searched your grocery store high and low for “raw” almond butter only to be completely disappointed. It seems the only place to find this staple is in specialty store’s designer peanut butter isle.. aka $8-$10 dollars a jar. Yikes. I will say this to you now. Only buy raw almond butter from Trader Joes.. it’s delicious and inexpensive. (Comes in crunchy and smooth)

Trader Joe's Roasted Flaxseed

This is my personal favorite. We all remember the struggle of when Lyn Genet asked us to roast our own flaxseed in the oven. The task seemed daunting and time consuming. Soak overnight? Too much. Ok.. so it’s not that much work, BUT for a busy person this is a great substitute.

Trader Joe's Sliced Goat’s Milk Dutch Cheese

I have to admit. I had an inappropriate reaction to this when I found it in the store and audibly screamed. Everyone around me slowly backed away. But anyone on the plan will understand my excitement with this one. I love putting these on veggie sandwiches.. even better when melted.

Trader Joe's Oh My Omega Trek Mix

This is another good one for a girl on the go. I keep these packets in my purse at all times (and of course my friends end up stealing them!). They’re a godsend when you’re feeling a bit blood sugary.


Happy shopping my plan friendly followers! 
Have any plan friendly Trader Joe's go to’s? Share it with us below!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Just found your blog and it is so helpful. I am on day 16 of The Plan and am loving it. I was interested to note that you had some stomach issues after you ate a pizza with both goat cheese and manchego on it. I can eat both those items individually but I seem to have a reaction when I eat them together (as in the veggie timbale recipe). I found that curious but I guess maybe it is too much of a cheese overload.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura!, So glad you're loving The Plan- It's such a hidden gem! I think you're totally right about the cheese overload- I have since found that most dairy in general I have a VERY low tolerance for (which is tragic because it used to be one of my favorite foods!) I guess when it doubt always keep it simple! Best of luck with the rest of your Plan journey! :-)

      Delete