Day Eleven: Rest Day


Weight -1.0

 

Today I am back with you and better than ever. Apologies for the crappy attitude from yesterday. As you can imagine, it can be a little frustrating when it takes three days for your body to recover from ONE MEAL. Ridiculous.  Quite frankly, I think I handled it better than I could have.

So even though today is a rest day- there are a couple of things I have to share. First of all- trading in my flax granola for almond butter toast with blueberries was the treat I had been waiting for. It also made me laugh to myself that something this small would be this exciting- but yes friends, it’s come to that.

Dinner was really fun for me today. I got to make a Veggie Timbale- which is basically a veggie lasagna. It was such a fun little project. I took a cheese shaver and made very thin slices of carrots and zucchini then piled them in layers with goat cheese, red onion and shiitake mushrooms. But it doesn’t even stop there ladies and gents- then we add grated manchego cheese on top. Heaven. My only advice is add some garlic powder.. the combination with the goat cheese is incredible.