Day Twelve: Tomatoes


Weight -.6

 


Today’s test is a new, slightly more reactive vegetable. There were tons of choices but I’ve been missing tomatoes so much- so there was absolutely no competition. Before this diet, I’m pretty sure I ate tomatoes every day in one way or another so to go twelve days without them has been really weird. I made the “healthy chicken parm” as instructed in the book- and it was so fresh, warm and delicious. I soaked the chopped tomatoes in olive oil, basil and chopped garlic- then sauteed them lightly in a pan. Probably one of my favorites so far on this diet- and definitely a keeper.  But here’s the catch- what if I’m reactive? I haven’t cared much about the other tests but tomatoes are a favorite. On the other hand- it would explain why my diet was so inflammatory. I guess we’ll see.