Day Three

Weight: -2.0

 
Again, I’m down two pounds! I can hardly believe it.

The menu is a bit different today- and I get to have chickpeas in my soup and chicken for dinner! It may sound ridiculous but my use of exclamation points is not an exaggeration of how excited I am.

For lunch I make the Spicy Vegetarian Soup.. it tastes ok and looks like baby food. But I love how filling it is so I’ll deal with it.


I went a little overboard on coating the chicken in Italian Herbs. It said “liberally” so I literally smothered my 3 ounces of chicken with Italian herbs.. It’s definitely not necessary and you should definitely not do that. However, having a piece of chicken amongst the two days of veggies made me so happy. It’s like a tiny step towards normalcy again. Thank god chicken is one of the lowest reactive meats!

The Roasted Italian Winter Vegetables are the most delicious thing I’ve eaten yet on this diet. The squash, carrots and roasted garlic literally melt in my mouth. Get ready to have a totally new appreciation for roasted veggies.

I felt much better today! Still feeling very fatigued but nowhere near Day One. I think I may be past the toughest part of this diet AND have four pounds down to show for it. My only problem today is that it’s New Years Eve and I can’t really participate in any of the festivities.. Unfortunate timing on my part. And of course there’s champagne, chocolate and pies all over my house. To keep on a positive note I think, “Everyone will kick of their diets tomorrow and I’m already four pounds ahead of them- so there!”.